Day 1 Arrive Whitehorse & Evening Aurora Viewing
Transfer included to your hotel in downtown Whitehorse. The hotel is located within walking distance of all attractions, restaurants, banks and stores. We will have an informational meeting and registration for optional tours at the hotel. Take your time for fitting the winter clothing (optional), shopping and dinner on your own. At 9.30pm depart for Aurora viewing. A cozy, heated cabin or wall tent with hot drinks and snacks makes your Aurora viewing even more enjoyable. Return to hotel around 2.00am.
Day 2 Whitehorse Sightseeing Tour
In the morning at 10.00am take a tour of the city that includes the following stops: Main Street, Train Depot of the White Pass and Yukon Route, Visitor Reception Center, Log Skyscraper, Log Church, Sternwheeler SS Klondike, Fish ladder, Schwatka Lake and some residential areas.
Day 3 Half Day Snowmobile Tour & Evening Aurora Viewing
Get ready for your snowmobiling tour. In the evening, you can stay up late again to view the Aurora Borealis.
Optional Tour: Half Day Snowmobile Tour
Day 4 Half Day Dog Sledding Tour & Evening Aurora Viewing
Get ready for your half day Dog Sledding Tour. At 9.30pm depart for your last night of Aurora viewing at the Northern Tales Trading Post. Return to the hotel around 2.00am.
Optional Tour: Half Day Dog Sledding Tour
Day 5 Transfer To Whitehorse Airport
You’ll start your next adventure in the Yukon or we’ll take you to the airport in time for your flight home.
- 3 nights accommodation
- Transfer to / from airport
- Transfers to / from viewing chalet
- Hot drinks and snacks at viewing chalet
- Information meeting & city tour
- Aurora Borealis certificate
- Gratuities for lodge staff and instructors
Checklist Of Items To Bring:
- Ski suit, thermal underwear & warm clothing, hat, mitts, winter boots
- Day pack
- Sunscreen, sunglasses
Optional Winter Clothing Package:
- Includes: winter outerwear pants and fleece liner, winter outerwear jacket with fleece liner
- Winter boots (Sorel Glacier or similar), insulated mitts, insulated headgear / cap
- Half Day Dog Sledding
- Half Day Snowmobile Driving
- Half Day Ice Fishing & Show Shoeing Tour
- For constellation photography bring 35 mm SLR manual camera, ASA 400 film or faster, tripod and cable release