Day 1 Arrive in Victoria
Pick up your Intermediate Car Rental. Check in to your 3* hotel.
Day 2 Victoria
Free day to explore.
Day 3 Drive 293km to Ucluelet
Check in to your 4* hotel.
Day 4-5 Ucluelet
Free day to explore the wild west coast of Vancouver Island. We recommend heading north to Tofino for the day.
Day 6 Drive 145km to Parksville
Check in to your 4* hotel. Free day to explore.
Day 7 Parksville
Free day to explore. We recommend checking out Old Country Market in Coombs.
Day 8 Drive 120km Campbell River
Check in to your 3* hotel. Free day to explore.
Day 9-11 Wildlife Viewing at Knight Inlet Lodge
Fly from Campbell River to Knight Inlet Lodge by float plane. Take part of the evening interpretive programs, and the service of the lodge staff including naturalists and photography leaders. Enjoy daily excursions.
Day 12 Travel from Knight Inlet Lodge to Campbell River. Drive 265km to Victoria
Fly back from Knight Inlet Lodge to Campbell River and drive to Victoria where you will check in to your 3* hotel.
Day 13 Depart Victoria
Drop car off in Victoria. Guests to depart at leisure.
- 12 Day Intermediate Car Rental
- 2 nights accommodation in Victoria
- 3 nights accommodation in Ucluelet
- 2 nights accommodation in Parksville
- 1 night accommodation in Campbell River at the Comfort Inn & Suites
- Return airfare from the Campbell River Float Plane basin to Knight Inlet Lodge
- 3 nights accommodation at Knight Inlet Lodge in a comfortable room with private bathroom and shower
- Welcome wildlife orientation
- All meals and snacks while at Knight Inlet Lodge(breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Complimentary wine with dinner
- Services of all lodge staff including naturalists and photography leaders
- Evening interpretive programs
- All transportation to all of the tour programs
- Your choice of the following:
- Excursions to Johnstone Strait for marine wildlife viewing – weather permitting – on the two night program this tour is difficult to fit in
- Excursions for Bald Eagle viewing and other bird life
- Excursions to the upper reaches of Knight inlet for scenic viewing of the inlet
- Excursions to see the grizzly bears from the platforms or boats – 1 excursion per day to the viewing stands in the fall
- Excursions for other wildlife viewing depending on location and availability
- Scenic cruise of Knight inlet
- Excursions to Thompson Sound and Bond Sound for bear and wildlife viewing
- Wildlife tracking to make plaster casts of animal prints
- Interpretive forest walk in the Kwalate Valley
- Use of kayaks on organized tours***AS SOME OF OUR TOURS ARE MARINE BASED THEY ARE STRONGLY WEATHER DEPENDENT. ON A SHORT DURATION TOUR IT MAY BE DIFFICULT TO FIT THEM IN***
- Rain gear when required
- B.C. Provincial Hotel Tax
- B.C. Back Country permit fee
- First Nations User Fee
PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- International Airfares
- Comprehensive Car Rental Insurance